Friday, July 1, 2011

Watermelon Shake for the Hot Summer!

Summer, summer, summer! Hot, hot, hot! Not a moment passes by that you don't want to drink something cool and refreshing. What better way to soothe the thirst than having a nice, cold, refreshing shake!
A few days ago my husband bought a huge watermelon. Yesterday, I cut it up and put it in the fridge to cool. But it was just too huge and our fridge had not enough room, that I didn't know what to do with the rest. I was feeding my daughter some watermelon pieces but I was afraid she might choked on it. And then came the idea of making the watermelon liquidy so it will be easy for her to drink it. So I thought of making it into a watermelon shake.I've heard of watermelon shake before but I haven't tried doing it yet. So I did it yesterday.
I put a lot of ice cubes into the blender, then some chopped watermelon pieces, sugar to taste, and a squeeze of lemon for acidity. Then break the ice in the blender for awhile and then frapee it. It came out so good! I made a separate one for my daughter without the sugar and she liked it.
Try cooling yourself down this summer with a cold glass of watermelon frapee or shake while lounging on your porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheesecake Cupcake with Cherry Toppings