Thursday, March 26, 2020

Filipino-style Spanish Bread


Amidst all the chaos outside because of COVID-19, we are still grateful for the daily provisions God has given us. Praying for other people who have a hard time putting food on their table for their families. May this pandemic will end soon in Jesus Name!

Yesterday, with nothing else to do and craving some sweet Filipino bread, I decided to make some Spanish Bread. It's a rolled bread with some sweet filling inside and coated with some bread crumbs on the outside. It is very good to pair with coffee for breakfast or to eat at snack time. It took a while to knead the dough, my muscles were getting tired already, lol. I had to call a back-up baker in the form of my husband, lol. He had the machinery (strong muscles) to do all the kneading. I just had to bark the instructions on how to do it well, lol. 

Finally after almost 3 hours of preparation and proofing the dough, we got some fresh, sweet Spanish Bread! God is great!

P.S. Forgive the different sizes and not so pretty rolls, haha. My first time to make it. I'll do better next time. But the taste is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheesecake Cupcake with Cherry Toppings