Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mesquite-Rubbed Baby Back Ribs



I like the Smokey Mesquite seasoning because of its natural smoky flavor, saltiness, a little spiciness from the chili and red pepper but not to overwhelming, and a little hint of sweetness. I always use this when we grill, bake or even pan-fry some meat. Yesterday, I tried using it on some baby back ribs. My plan supposed to be was to make the Sweet Baby Back Ribs but then I ran out of time to marinate it, so I looked around in our pantry and there I saw the Smokey Mesquite Seasoning. So I experimented a bit because I haven't tried using it on ribs yet. And sure enough it came out pretty good. You can add or glaze it with your favorite barbecue sauce if you want or a drizzle of honey after, but in this recipe I opted not to put anything and it still came out good. Anyway here it is, have fun biting the ribs!!!:)




Ingredients:

5 lbs. Baby back ribs
smokey mesquite seasoning
cooking oil


  • Brush some cooking oil on the ribs.
  • Sprinkle and rub the smokey mesquite seasoning well on the meat. Set aside for at least 30-60 minutes before cooking, in order for the seasoning to be absorbed by the meat.
  • Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Meanwhile, spray with cooking spray or brush with cooking oil a baking pan.
  • Put the slabs of ribs on the pan and then cover it tightly with aluminum foil.
  • Bake ribs in the oven for about 2 hours.
  • After two hours, uncover it and bake it for another 30 minutes.
  • Serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheesecake Cupcake with Cherry Toppings