Sunday, April 24, 2011

Beef Chuck Roast Recipe

Last Wednesday, we did some grocery shopping and I found some very good chuck roast at Sam's Club. I haven't cooked some roast in a while, so I thought of making it this week. So I bought 2 pieces of beef chuck roast about three pounds each.

I cooked it yesterday and it came out really well. I slow-cooked it for about an hour an a half. The meat came out really soft and very tasty. My husband and son liked this same recipe that I cooked before. I usually cook it with sauteed potatoes on the side or with egg noodles or any pasta.

I love roast beef because I can cook a big piece of meat and then it will last until the next day. My husband can have something for lunch at work, too! And the good thing about it is that the next day it even tastes better. I guess because all the juices and seasonings are soaked by the meat already. So here's a recipe for beef chuck roast, you can vary the seasonings according to your preference.



Ingredients:

3 lbs. Beef chuck roast boneless
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
Carrots, chopped
8 oz. Button mushrooms
5 tbsp. Cooking oil
2 bay leaves
3 tbsp. Soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp. Vinegar
1 can beef broth
2 cups water
Fresh ground pepper
Salt to taste

For gravy:
1 tsp. Cornstarch
1 cup water

PROCEDURE:
Heat oil in a deep cooking pot.
Brown the beef on all sides. (This is to seal the juices inside the meat)
Take out the beef once it is browned.
Put the onion, then the garlic, and then the bay leaves and saute it for a while until the onion is transparent.
Add the chopped carrots, mix, and saute.
Put the beef on top of the veggies.
Add the other ingredients: the soy sauce, vinegar, beef broth, and water.
Let it boil. Season with freshly ground pepper and salt.
Slow-cook it for about an hour and thirty minutes or until two hours, until the meat is tender. (check it from time to time, to check if the liquid gets dry. If the liquid is getting low add a little more water)
Once the meat is tender, add the mushrooms. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes.

For the gravy, stir the cornstarch into the water well. Then pour it on the meat.
Stir and mix well.
Let it boil a little and wait until it thickens.
Turn off the stove and enjoy your meat with potatoes, noodles/pasta, or rice.





If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment on the comment box. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheesecake Cupcake with Cherry Toppings